Monday, February 1, 2010

Why do people vote against their own interests?

I totally forgot what it was that I had planned to write about populism, but in any case, the BBC has a very depressing article saying it much better than I ever could. This part makes me feel ill:

It's like a French Revolution in reverse in which the workers come pouring down the street screaming more power to the aristocracy.

If that doesn't say it all, then the nauseating picture accompanying that article certainly does.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking this - shared it on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to say "thanks" for pointing this article out to us, but it fills me with too much despair.

    Perhaps I should have my coffee first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah that was about my reaction. heh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is hilarious when conservatives say they resent other people telling them what to do. Yet they think they can use religion as an excuse to tell everybody else what to do.

    ReplyDelete