Friday, October 16, 2009

This guy should be a hero to the anti-gay marriage bunch

Justice Keith Bardwell of Louisiana is an American hero and a patriot. At least, that's what the majority of Republicans and other gay marriage opponents ought to think if they want to be logically consistent.

This brave Christian refuses to issue marriage licenses to interracial couples because it goes against his conscience. Bravo to him! Because if there's anything we applaud in America, it's shitting on the rights of other people just because one's backwards and bigoted sensibilities are vaguely offended by what those other people are doing.

So you go, Justice Bardwell! Don't make these lefties force you to sacrifice your conscience and go against your religious beliefs. You have a clear First Amendment right to directly impede other peoples' Fourteenth Amendment rights! At least, that's what I heard...

(Oh yeah, the funniest part about the Judge Bardwell story is that he pulls out the "I have lots of black friends!" card. Helpful advice to those who are tempted to play this card: Anybody who feels the need to say they have lots of <insert ethnicity> friends is going to come across like a racist douche.)

6 comments:

  1. My fervent hope is that one day in the not-too-distant future, there will be a story about some dickwad refusing to issue a marriage license to a same-sex couple because "I think those children [of such a marriage] suffer and I won't help put them through it," and we will read the same kind of horrified, revulsed backlash at the future dickwad that we are currently reading about this guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Due in large part to the circumstances of my friend-circles, I actually don't have a large number of black friends. By the distinguished magistrate's esteemed logic, I am more racist than he is.

    Up next: my confession that I am a rampant misogynist because I chose a field that attracts relatively few women. [Hmm, that makes my wife (the construction electrician) more of a misogynist than I am...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Iceland, and due to low supply have no black friends. I have a mixed-race acquaintance...does that count? Oh, and a Jewish friend...and a whole bunch of GLBT ones. Does that mean I have licence to be a bigoted asshole, or do you actually have to have "piles" of them to qualify?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It depends... do you let them use your bathroom?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mean the hole throught the ice? Sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I read he had "piles" of black friends I asked myself, "I wonder if any of them are still breathing?"

    ReplyDelete